Saturday, October 20, 2007

Gaming Computer Vs XBox 360

Lately, I've been pondering the whole deal. Whether to get the XBox 360 or to assemble a new computer instead. My main machine does not have a PCI Express card or an AGP card for that matter (it was a good deal, I swear! Well, almost! :P) so some of the games I want to play out there are just not going to run smooth enough, heck Doom 3 ran at 6 fps at low res when it got too violent.

Getting a new computer would mean spending at least $500 for the whole gig. An XBox 360 would cost about the same after getting the games and the required add-ons like a headset, keyboard, extra game pad and of course a mouse.

The games that I'd totally want to get a new PC or XBox for, would be:

  1. Team Fortress 2 (I think it'll run on my machine, just not ready to spend $50 bucks on it)
  2. World in Conflict (Requires Windows Vista, uh, I'll pass that for now!)
  3. Crysis (Looks awesome so far :))
  4. Halo 3 (Wanna know what all the hype is about)
  5. Americas Army (Runs fine on my machine, will just run smoother though)
Anyway, as I said earlier, I've just been pondering the thought. It's always nice to think of things you wanna get. Getting them is a whole different headache.

Oh yeah, getting my Comcast connection on Wednesday. Besides hooking up my laptop through my phone (the connection is pathetic btw), it's almost been a week of leeching off of someone else's WiFi or frequenting a local cafe or spending too much time at the school library (can't even friggen SSH from there). This time I'm going with the faster connection, double the downlink and uplink than last time, isn't that sweet?

2 comments:

Abdullah Farooki said...

I would say, hypothetically speaking if you DID have the money, a ps3 would definitely be the better deal. With a built in blu-ray drive and wi-fi access you don't have to spend anything on extra's. And with the new price-cut on ps3 models it makes the package a lot more feasible.

Anonymous said...

doubt you can run team fortress 2 if you can't even handle Doom 3.

 
copyleft 2007 peaness.net
some rights reserved