Thursday, November 08, 2007

2nd Annual Silicon Valley Wordpress Meetup!



Yes, I was there! Even though I primarily blog on blogger, I was at the Wordpress meetup today. And I got some free Wordpress schwag as well (no, I'm not referring to pot), a T-shirt and a laptop sticker. I also got to meet up with various users/contributors and one of the lead developers (who I sat next to, woohoo!), Ryan Boren.

I was a little disappointed with the whole meet up though. Why? Well, two reasons. Firstly, the turnout was low, which wasn't that big of a deal for me. And secondly, I was hoping the organizers would get a little down and dirty with implementations and code; but considering that this was my first barcamp meetup, I guess that was normal. The meetup was held at Building 43 at Googleplex (the Google HQ) and we were treated with dinner as well. However, the best part was that I got to see the unreleased backend of Wordpress; it is going to roll out early next year. Ryan's having a baby and then there are the holidays, so the original date had to be postponed (even though the Wordpress site says otherwise).

I am planning to attend the monthly South Bay Bloggers meetup this December as well. It is being held at the Coffee Society on Stevens Creek, right opposite to De Anza College in Cupertino.

No comments:

 
copyleft 2007 peaness.net
some rights reserved